Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blessings

For Christmas I asked for The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson. It's a tiny book, written about a powerful prayer in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. Basically it is a bold prayer cried out by Jabez, a prayer asking God to abundantly bless him, walk with him, expand his borders and keep him far from evil- and God does so! This book challenges the reader to take a bold stand and ask the same things of God. Well, after reading the book, I dared to stand before God and ask Him to bless me, to walk with me, open my horizons and keep my path straight. I did so with an expectant heart and He answered!
We got an email from a girl who is about 5 months pregnant and considering adoption. She found our profile on adoptimist.com. She isn't working with an agency at the moment. So I emailed her back and we have spent the past three days in communication via email. We have talked about all sorts of things, from hobbies to being present during birth. She has contacted our agency and is getting set up with a pregnancy worker. Now of course I know that this does not mean that she is ready to make an adoption plan and that she may decide to look at another family, but in the mean time this is exciting news. I know that God has answered my prayers, what His will is, I am yet to find out, but until then, I plan to show her God's love and be a support system to her.
So, there you have it...a bold, deliberate prayer answered loud and clear. Never underestimate what our God can and will do when we just submit to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment